Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm hearing through the grapevine that some of you are missing my posts. So, I'd better get busy.
Well I did speak too soon. Tues and Wed were TORTURE. I didn't feel bad, just restless, couldn't get comfortable. Definitely not enough Mental Health meds on board. I had visitors both days, but I really started to feel like I was going crazy. I couldn't wait for the chemo to end at 3 on Wed., but it did and I got to go home. I took my own meds to settle myself down and was able to get a good night sleep.

Next day, back to KC for my $4,000 shot, still not feeling the best. Not at all like the day after my first round. MORE meds when I got home, plus a good cry with a good friend. I think I'm finally back to myself again. SCARY TIMES! I really understand how people have breakdowns, because I think I was close to one. (crying as I'm writing this, I guess it still hits close to home)

Today, a really good day, I slept well and don't need those extra meds. Still really fatigued (something that can't be remedied by sleep)--- I am spending some time outside, beautiful!
Taking just a few steps at a time to keep from speeding up my heartbeat and therefore my breathing.

Thanking God for all of you out there reading this. I would not be doing this without you!
Lori

PS A momentous day. I typed this using both hands. First time I could do this since my surgery.
Things are definitely improving!

No comments: