Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hey everyone,
I'm here, waited for an hour for a room that was ready before I got here, had chemo that was ordered at noon, hooked up to me at 6:30. Boy am I glad this is my last one. Seems like one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Plus I got the slowest nurse on earth for yesterday and today. Other nurses have had to come in and help her. I do have a great aide, though. She moves really fast.

Been crying some today. Everyone here is trying to offer solutions, but nothing seems to help. I did take some anxiety meds, which help me be more calm, they just don't stop the tears. Not sure how to do that. Just get through each minute of each hour of each day to the best of my ability, I guess.

Just knowing that you are all out there praying for me and thinking good thoughts does help, more than you know.

Now that the treatments are coming to and end, people are reminding me that I am not actually through with this. I still have follow-up visits and check-ups for some time to come. They are saying that I still may have some mental issues and anxiety even after my treatments are through. Funny how I only seem to act this way is when I'm in the hospital. They are talking about having me see a psychologist, see if that helps. I don't know. I guess I'm willing to give it a try.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Love you all,
Lori

No comments: