Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Friday morning came around as usual- OH did I tell you that one of the chemo drugs only runs for 3 days, so I finished it Thrusday night- Another YEAH!!

By the time I had my shower my mom and dad came by- my sisters boss (from St. Francis, KS) was there for her husbands surgery.

Mom and dad stayed for most of the afternoon- then went back home.

Roxie came in to visit as soon as her husband went into surgery. She had me laughing and crying just as much (she says) as Susan cries. Can't remember the name she had for it, but it was cute.

Saturday morning all alone-
I've been munching on crackers off and on thinking that my queasy feeling would go away. Did NOT want to ask for extra anti-nausea drugs. Why? IDK

So guess what- all of a sudden- I can't even make it to the toilet- I'm puking in the sink and with every heave some pee leaks out. Who said they didn't want a catheter? Oh no, here comes lunch.

The nurse just happens to walk by- runs to get me some meds and cleans up my mess. I clean myself up- thank goodness for knit capris that day.

Slept most of the afternoon. The really good drug gives me about a 4 hour nap.

Drs. rounds- says other Chemo drug will be done at midnight-YEAH!! A special drug to protect my bladder should be done at 4:00 a.m.

No one visits-although I do hear from Gayla and Susan that day and as always my family calls- Still a lonely day

Missing you all- You have no idea!!

Lori

No comments: