Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Hey every one! Things are really hopping here((((not)))). I got a shower, 2 walks & a nap, not necessarily in that order. This is my walking buddy, he doesn't say much but he sure commands respect around here- one little peep & people come running!


Uh-Oh ----4 Drs. just showed up in my room. Because I have company (aunt flo, you know), my urine is testing positive for bood (big surprise!) They mentioned the dreaded "c" word---catheter. I talked them out of it though, said my company was leaving today or tomorrow. One of the chemo drugs is really bad on the lining of the bladder, makes it bleed. So.....that's why they're checking for blood.

My stomach felt a little queasy, asked for a coke & a cracker, seems to have helped. I really don't want to get sick.

Last night they gave 4 drugs to prevent nausia. A couple were supposed to make me drowsy---drowsy heck---when I woke up this morning my pajamas were buttoned all wrong!!

Hope that everyone is enjoying this as much as I am!!
Love you all lots!!!

1 comment:

Gayla said...

So, I'm really hurt you traded me in for a new walking buddy. However that one is much taller and slimmer!
Seems to me he might be a little possessive though, you know, keeps you on a short string. I am confident however, that your new walking buddy isn't near the conversationalist (like that big word? haha) that I am and you'll soon give him up and come back to me. Sigh. Hope you get some good entertainment soon. Wish I could get up there to see ya. I'll give you a call again soon!