Monday, August 11, 2008

I am on my way to KC this morning to have my stitches taken out-YEAH!! I've had stitches in my arm since April 15th. I am so ready to be rid of them.

Events leading up to today:

*Fall '07-
I noticed some muscle weakness in my left arm and hand, followed by a sore spot on my arm just below the elbow.

*Christmas '07-
Sore spot started to become a lump

*Jan. '08-
Lump continued to grow. I'm starting to get worried at this point. I hadn't told anybody about it yet.

*Feb. '08-
Well since I'm almost 45 and still haven 't had a 40 year old check up-I guess I had better call the Dr. and have him look at my arm.

*Early March '08-
Saw Dr. Holmes and he rules out a "fatty tumor" by drawing on my arm with his pen. As the pen went up and over my "lump" the tumor would have stopped the pen had it been a fatty tumor. Dr. orders MRI.

*March 15 '08-
MRI report a few days later shows a mass approx. 2 1/2 cm by 4 1/2 cm between muscles in my forearm. Report states both benign and malignant masses should be considered. Dr. schedules appointment with a general surgeon.


More tomorrow.....

No comments: