Monday, August 18, 2008

OK--so I didn't make it back on Tuesday to write more--better late than never

*April 4
Saw Dr. Perdue, he said he couldn't do anything because it was between the muscles. Sent me immediately to Dr. Mumford. Mom & Dad & I walked across the street - I think he was on his lunch hour, but he took time to see me anyway. He looked at the MRI & said that there were some edges that weren't defined. Might indicate cancer. He referred me to Dr. Templeton at KU Med.

*April 10
Appointment w/Dr. Templeton- had a sonogram to rule out a hemangeoma (mass of blood vessels) it was not.


*April 15
Open biopsy - had the tumor been determined by a quick pathology report to be benign, Dr. would have removed it that day.

*April 29
The longest two weeks of my life. Finally the news
. Synovial Sarcoma. KU had to send the biopsy sample to a larger lab to determine the type of cancer. It is rare.

*May 1
CT scan of my chest & abdomen. Clean! Cancer has not spread! Yeah!

*May 2
Saw Dr. Green @ Cotton-O'Neil Cancer Center. 3 more CT scans to determine exact location of tumor.

*May 6
First radiation treatment. Need 25 of them.

*June12
Last radiation treatment. I've got a sunburn & lump has gone down considerably.


*July 15
Surgery to remove tumor. Pathology comes back - all clean edges surrounding the "dead" tumor, that ended up being about the size of a quarter.



Well, I guess I'm up to date.
I will make every attempt to write something every day.

Love you all lots!!!

No comments: